Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ever Wonder...?

Why don't some people appreciate life as they should? The slightest acknowledgment of a flower, bird, smile, or frown would do...

A Fly on the ® Train

Buzzing down Fifth Avenue, a fine day for flight
Circling Central Park, street vendors all about
I take a detour, a path less trodden
The subway line, letter ® for revive, relive, and return
My trip home hopefully a leisure one
Next to beings of ignorant bliss and petty pleasures

As the fly, I paused in my path to board the train,
The hollow heralding of a bell hums,
No movement, I just rest…
A station is reached revealing a crowded platform
Someone steps in not noticing me
My life is ended leaving my carcass cold

My death disrupted life’s natural balance within the train;
A lady next to my body frets about, agitated with thought
Shifting and adjusting as if made of plastic
My soul watches, standing by, did she not bare witness
To the arrival of the beast, manunkind?
My fly carcass on the floor beside her, rotates torn in two

I wondered how humans think and feel
What is normal and what is not
Questions that I will never know the answers to
Another stop on the subway line is reached
Like all things dead and gone I must leave existence
Bidding my fly carcass farewell

No comments:

Post a Comment