Friday, April 3, 2009

Attack of the "Hipsters"???

There is a lot going on in the way of new music and most people, myself included, don't really know how to feel about it. Granted I'm still on the "young" side but I still find myself shaking my head from time to time and drawing comparisons between today's music and the music of my yesteryear (a.k.a. my childhood). However, with that said I tend to be classified as "unique" or "corny" but whatever the classification, I know I'm just me! So I figured, why not make a list of some of the new artist I am tending to like despite the opinion of others!

First up is Day 26. Yes, that is correct, the boys of MTv's Making The Band 4. The only thing I know about these guys is that they are another one of Diddy's creations and I am liking their music so far. But before anyone gets their panties in a bunch let me just say that I still do love Brutha and I don't care to compare the two groups very much. Each has their own "bag of tricks" to bring to the table! Any who, Day 26 just came out with a video for their single "Imma Put It On Her (remix)" featuring Yung Joc and, of course, Diddy.

Day 26 "Imma Put It On Her"


Bonus Video! Brutha "She's Gone"


Next up are the Ladies! Two new groups that I feel are worth noting at the moment ( all the others will have to wait for the next post just like the other male artists I didn't include above) are Electrik Red and Sophia Fresh. Something about these two groups just draws me in and takes me to my inner happy place! I think it has something to do with all of the colors, funky outfits, and cute boys!

Electrik Red "Friend Lover"


Sophia Fresh "What it is"
Sophia Fresh - "What It Is" Official Video

No comments:

Post a Comment